Acme Smoke Condition

Posted on August 11, 2018

At around 11PM last night fire companies 1, 2, 3, and 4 responded to the Acme Supermarket for a smell of something burning. After the first units arrived they reported that there was some smoke coming from one of the refrigerators. As fire crews investigated they found that a component had shorted out and was causing the smell and smoke. Fire crews shut the power to the refrigerator and began returning to quarters.

July 2018 Call Break-down

Posted on August 22, 2018

This July Company 1 responded to 30 calls for service. This month there was 15 fire alarms, 1 car fire, 1 CO alarm, 1 elevator rescue, 3 motor vehicle entrapments, 2 fire department assists, 1 gas leak, 2 EMS assists, 4 dispatched structure fires,  As always, the volunteer members of Company 1 are ready to respond 24 hours a day 7 days week.                            

Hurricane Irene

Posted on August 28, 2018

On this day in 2011 the Mahwah Fire Department put in a solid 24 straight hours making numerous rescues from the historic flooding caused by Hurricane Irene. While property damages were significant our efforts assured no lives were lost that day. It also marked the birth of the Mahwah Elves as residents organized to help their neighbors.

Holiday Weekend

Posted on August 31, 2018

From our family to yours we wish everyone a happy and safe holiday weekend